Thanks to their natural treasures, the High Vosges of Alsace are a magnificent territory and an ideal place for outdoor activities: strolls, horse riding, mountain bike adventures... These outdoor activities coexist with the work of foresters, hunters and farmers. In order to properly coexist, guarantee everyone’s safety and safeguard this fragile environment, certain rules must be followed. Besides, the mountains may be a dangerous place.
Caution: for reasons related to forest management, hunting or banning orders, certain itineraries may be closed. You may be informed about this via the application and the website, but not systematically. The signs on the edges of the itineraries are valid, therefore walkers must respect them when they indicate the itineraries are closed.
1. Prepare and make sure your stroll is safe.
2. Check the weather forecast
3. Prepare and check your equipment
4. Inform a friend or family member about your route and what time you should approximately be back.
During the stroll
5. Follow the marked itineraries, adapted to the activity you’ve chosen, and observe restrictions. In case the itinerary is interrupted because of hunting or trees being knocked down, do not follow it. Instead, follow the deviation or go back.
6. Do not overestimate yourself
7. When crossing pastures, close the fences behind you.
8. Be respectful.
9. Pick up your waste.
In case of accident
Estimated difficulty levels:
Difficulty levels, given for information purposes only, may change according to conditions and are established by sports federations (https://www.club-vosgien.eu, https://www.ffrandonnee.fr; https://www.ffc.fr; https://www.ffe.com)
For further information, check out the website www.hautes-vosges-alsace.fr